Building Australia’s sovereign industrial capability
Supporting a robust, resilient, & competitive national defence industry.
Protecting Australian sovereignty means a cutting-edge and self-reliant defence force backed by a stronger and more capable national defence industry.
Securing the nation & Australian industry
Engineering excellence in the Australian defence industry needs a sustained commitment to research, development, and innovation.
SOTO has always been about partnerships that deliver exceptional solutions. Building a strong defence industry will also require partnerships to develop and harness the collective skills and technology critical to supporting Australia’s defence and national security. This industry transformation will not happen overnight, and SOTO welcomes the opportunity to partner with Australian business requiring specialist skills in advanced engineering. SOTO’s track record in applying advanced analysis and design tools and methods across multiple industries for more than 25 years puts us in a prime position to support Australian businesses engaged in the acquisition, operation and sustainment of Defence capability.
Contributing to the Australian defence industry
Design innovation, advanced methods, and robust, practical solutions are at the core of SOTO’s mechanical engineering expertise. The team of specialists is at the forefront of the convergence of new methods and technology, opening up new opportunities for the analysis, design, and fabrication of equipment and machinery.
SOTO’s specialist mechanical engineering capabilities include:
- Advanced analysis computational methods to optimise plant and equipment performance over its lifecycle.
- Analysis, scoping, detail design, procurement and contract management, manufacturing, and project management of installation work
- A 25-year history of servicing heavy industry, manufacturing, renewables and the resources sectors.
With close connections to specialist engineers in other fields and the latest research and development trends, SOTO engineers can deliver clever solutions across a range of applications and operating environments. SOTO is 100% Australian owned and operated, strategically located between major defence hubs of Sydney, the Shoalhaven region, and Canberra.
SOTO’s specialist teams apply advanced digital engineering tools to design with an understanding of real-world lifetime performance. With digital twinning, SOTO engineers can measure asset performance and reliability from simulation models and real-time input to provide predictive analysis. This gives end-users of critical structures, machinery, and systems critical insights into performance to improve efficiency, performance, reliability, and safety.
SOTO’s specialist digital engineering capabilities include:
- Highly experienced in digital engineering methods, including high-performance computing, multiphysics, multibody dynamics, and digital twinning.
- Leaders in the application of virtual simulations using Finite Element Analysis methods.
- Simulation-driven design expertise using advanced analysis and digital engineering methods for machine design and complex structures and vessels.
Defence operates in uncertain environments. With digital twinning capability in a high-security, one-stop design service, SOTO can transform data into insights to support suppliers of critical air, ground, and sea assets with optimised design and lifecycle analysis. SOTO is 100% Australian owned and operated, strategically located between major defence hubs of Sydney, the Shoalhaven region, and Canberra.
The structures of today need to meet the needs of tomorrow. SOTO’s specialist engineers understand the need for futureproofing and asset lifecycle efficiency. For structural engineering in harsh or complex environments, innovative fabrication methods, transportation, construction, and maintenance are required. SOTO engineers employ advanced techniques to optimise designs and for improved lifecycle integrity.
SOTO’s structural engineering capabilities include:
- Use of advanced analysis methods that provide a complete picture of structural design viability and sustainability.
- Verification and certification of designs to Australian and international standards.
- Comprehensive audit documentation, including identification of risks, evidence, and risk mitigation planning.
SOTO understands that defence suppliers need design structural design support that is timely, meets prescribed codes and standards, and is optimised for integrity and reliability. Integrity and quality are what SOTO strive for. SOTO is 100% Australian owned and operated, strategically located between major defence hubs of Sydney, the Shoalhaven region, and Canberra.
Moving people and resources in diverse environments requires the best in civil engineering design solutions. SOTO’s specialist team has a proven track record of providing innovative civil solutions in diverse geology and use requirements. In addition, SOTO embeds itself with clients to understand the full range of requirements to deliver solutions that improve assets.
SOTO’s civil engineering capabilities include:
- Use of the latest tools and techniques, including computer-aided analysis, design, and modelling, to deliver projects that are cost-effective, innovative and meet expectations and standards for health, safety, and the environment.
- Forensic engineering capability to bolster analysis and reporting
- Specialist project managers who can integrate with operations for site inspections, supervision, and construction.
From temporary works in rapid construction timeframes to projects with special requirements for modern military use, SOTO can support defence civil engineering suppliers with a range of critical skills and experience that lead to exceptional outcomes. SOTO is 100% Australian owned and operated, strategically located between major defence hubs of Sydney, the Shoalhaven region, and Canberra.