SOTO is seeking a Mid to Senior level Design Drafter to join our team on a permanent basis.
The role – As a Design Drafter you are responsible for producing design deliverables for industrial and construction projects. Your experience includes Structural, Mechanical & Piping design drawings for a range of clients.
- Production of spec driven 3D models & drawings using Inventor & Autocad software providing design options and solutions for the SOTO engineering team
- Prepare fabrication drawings together with Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Working within the design drafting team you will collaborate with other designers to ensure projects are delivered on time with quality output
- Use of Vault & BIM360 for control of cad deliverables, versioning, reviews, and approvals.
- Uphold SOTO Quality policies.
What we are looking for
- Ideally you will have 10 years + experience in 2D/3D Autodesk design software
- Prior exposure to industrial environments and relevant experience gained within an engineering consultancy would be advantageous
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- An eye for detail and desire to achieve 100% accuracy
- Possess a recognised engineering qualification at a Diploma level or above
- A good understanding of Australian Standards
- High level computer literately with MS software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimum direction
- High level of drive and working on own initiative.
Why SOTO? – SOTO is an established industry leader, dedicated to the delivery of engineered solutions across Australia’s municipal, industrial and resource sectors. This leadership draws on 25 years’ experience of providing high-quality solutions for our clients, including design and construction, operations and maintenance, asset management, utility services, and equipment solutions.
What we have to offer you
- Great people and a supportive and inclusive environment
- Career development opportunities with a growing company
- Modern offices close to rail and road transport.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, diverse role, then please submit your application, including a cover letter and resume, via the Seek apply button.
For further information on SOTO Consulting Engineers, please view our website at www.soto.com.au
The successful applicant will be required to comply with the current business requirements of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing SOTO with evidence of their vaccination status.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note, SOTO Consulting Engineers does not accept unsolicited emails or resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.